Custom framing is an art. Each piece takes on its own personality and is reflected in the selection of custom framing, completing the piece with a finished look. Whether the item of your inspiration is watercolor, acrylic, fabric, printed, or a treasured keepsake memento, attention to detail is key. Personalizing your home or workspace with artwork adds interest and takes on a reflection of the surroundings. The subject matter may be of a historical nature or simply something that you want just for fun. The artwork, frame, and mat must work in harmony…all adding to the personality of the piece, and resulting in a display that complements your décor. Your choices are only limited by your imagination.
At Truly Yours we will assist you with choosing exactly the right frame to highlight your project and reflect your style. Using only quality materials, we have literally hundreds of framing and matting combinations to choose from. This is an investment that will last for generations.
Here are some items for consideration:
- A frame should never overwhelm the work nor detract from the subject matter. Consider using a lighter framing materials approach to compliment a design that is simplistic in style…or a more intricate frame to highlight an art piece that is “heavier” in nature.
- Choose materials that are of archival quality to protect your treasured piece for generations. Good frame design will also protect as well as enhance. Mats are available in a variety of colors and textures. Matting options also include single, double and triple, which add to the artistic impression of your piece.
- Choose framing materials that will highlight the palette of colors within your piece of artwork, drawing the eye in to explore the design. Our framing expert will present several color options for you to decide which works best, based on your personal style and décor.
- A variety of media: art on canvas or paper, fabric/needlework, historical artifacts, sporting shirts, items of interest or personal treasures. The subject matter is limitless.
- Glass options will impact the overall look of your project. Museum quality glass provides amazing clarity. Many glass options offer UV filtering, which protects your framed item from fading.
The Impact of Custom Framing
Personalizing your home or work space with custom framing is a great way to express your personality and to enjoy your surroundings. While others can go to the store and buy the same sofa, tables and lamps that you have, it is highly unlikely anyone will ever have the exact same custom framing as you.
Regardless of what you choose to have framed for your home, whether it is a favorite piece of art, a mirror, an object inherited from an ancestor or anything else, it will add interest to your space. Take a look at these rooms with and without framed art, to see for yourself what a big impact custom framing makes.
- Larson Juhl, Nelsons Moulding, Nielson Metals
- Wood, metals composites
- Tru Vue
- Museum Glass: (Best Choice) Premier glass product provides 99% UV protection to protect against fading and is optically coated for a virtually invisible finish, to create amazing clarity.
- Conservation Reflection Control: Conservation grade non-glare glass solution. Different from invisible finish of an anti-reflective glass product. Conservation Reflection Control has a matte-like finish that scatters light to reduce unwanted glare. Additionally, this product provides 99% UV protection to protect against fading.
- Conservation Clear: Standard conservation grade glass product. Conservation clear glass provides 99% UV protection to protect against fading.
- Bainbridge, Crescent (both acid-free)
- Archival options also available